Inside Sales SpecialistsMay 15, 2019
JAS Globe Inc. is an IT consulting and managed service provider that works with small businesses primarily in the Greater Toronto Area. We are seeking an Entry Level candidate to work full time. The candidate should be willing to learn quickly, take instruction and direction, be self-motivating, and overall be able to work well with the team.
The IT Help Desk Technician’s primary focus is to provide technical support to end users by: troubleshooting software/hardware issues; performing break/fix tasks; computer imaging; perceiving and processing calls/issue tickets; and remaining friendly, helpful and professional while servicing users.
Usually the work is carried out during the regular business hours, but may require evenings and weekends to complete projects or maintenance on systems
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as a consultant with our clients in the Greater Toronto Area to support primarily Microsoft networks, Servers and Desktops.
- Set up and install hardware and software as needed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware failures and software errors.
- Provide remote support to clients over the phone using remote assist tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance for clients including server updates, checking backups, anti-virus and application maintenance.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all technical support issues, creating support tickets and documenting issue based on call or issue reported.
- Monitor the ticketing system and manage the flow of tickets. This will require time slicing and prioritizing in working tickets and addressing issues in the appropriate order and/or communicate with management to escalate as needed.
- Effectively document processes, procedures, setups and configurations.
- Document all hours on daily basis, separating billable hours from non-billable hours, using as much detail as possible in notes provided in ticketing system, and submitting timesheets on time.
Qualification & Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in Managed IT services
- A+ Certification (Desired).
- Proficient in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Net+ Certified (Preferred).
- Ability to communicate clearly and completely with detail so that the client understands in layman’s terms what the issue is and what the resolution is.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to.
- Good organizational skills; Good judgment/decision making skills.
- Ability to follow a checklist to perform tasks, plus the ability to create checklists or modify as needed to document and improve processes.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision as well as with a team when needed.
- Must have desire to learn and actively pursue new technologies through self-study and our vendor relationships
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel during the work week, as position will require local travel to customers in the area.
- Be available to work nights and weekends when required.
- Must be able to do data cabling
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
|Work Location||Tomken Road, Mississauga, ON|